What will Chicago look like in 2083? Will we travel in hover cars? Go to the theater in our minds? Mayor Emanuel’s new proposed parking meters deal would mean longer weekday hours, but free parking […]
If it keeps on raining, the levee’s gonna break. Did you have to paddle your way into work this morning like the WXRT Morning Show did? Kinda gives new meaning to the term ‘carpool’, doesn’t […]
Back in 2000 Lin Brehmer and Mary Dixon had the pleasure of discussing the highly competitive Christmas movie season with recently deceased, Robert Ebert. Listen as they discuss 2000′s hit, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon as […]
Ever wonder what Lin is like when he is off the mic? Take a behind the scenes look and find out if Mr. Brehmer lives up to his title as your best friend in the […]
Tomorrow is December 21, 2012. It marks the end of the Mayan calendar, and subsequently, the end of the world. Except that it doesn’t, and it’s not the end of the world. That means people […]
IBM workers are saying that in just five years, computers will have the ability to copy the five human senses. A development the company is referring to as an “era of cognitive systems,” the new […]
This is what President Barack Obama told the people of Newtown, Conn. Sunday evening, and it reminded us of this song by Mavis Staples. If the news has you feeling a little down this morning, […]
It’s Friday! That means it’s time for our Friday Feature. This week it’s all about rock legend Neil Young, so be sure to check it out. Although Friday brings the promising relief of the weekend, […]
Did I ever tell you about the first time I saw Jeff Garlin? In the early 90′s Jeff was performing a one man show called “I Want Someone To Eat Cheese With” at Second City. […]
The Twinkie hasn’t disappeared just yet. The final shipment of various Hostess goods—Twinkies, Ding Dongs, Zingers and Orange Cupcakes—are arriving today at various Chicago-area Jewel-Osco supermarkets. WBBM Newsradio reports that more than 20,000 boxes will […]
- Congrats Class of 2013! Hear some wisdom from Lin on today's Lin's Bin: cbsloc.al/N9LsHP 3 hours ago
- RT @TomMarker: Vacation schedule! I'm on 6p-9p. Rolling Stones feature. Have a great weekend! #RollingStones @93XRT 4 hours ago
- Stop by the XRT Booth @Randolphmarket this Saturday & Sunday and enter to win tickets to @lollapalooza & @MSIchicago! bit.ly/10u3JUf 5 hours ago
- "Hearing this many @RollingStones songs makes me feel like I'm watching a @scorsesemartin film." @jasonthomas93 93XRT.com 6 hours ago
- RT @RollingStones: #FF Follow the @RollingStones! @MickJagger @officialKeef #CharliestoocoolforTwitter @ronniewood 7 hours ago
- XRT’s Rock & Roll X-Cursion to The Rolling Stones in LondonYou can win a Rock & Roll X-Cursion to London, to see The Rolling Stones! Prize includes roundtrip airfare to London, hotel stay, and tickets to the July 13 concert! Stay tuned to XRT Monday-Friday […]
- XRT Rock & Roll X-Cursion To Forecastle Music Festival!We’re sending you to Louisville KY, the birthplace of Bourbon, to attend the Forecast Music Festival. You’ll be put up in a hotel and treated like a VIP as you rock out to the Flaming […]
- Win a foursome in the XRT Golf Outing!Are you king of the links? Want to test your stuff against Lin Brehmer and other XRT jocks? Enter below and you could find yourself hosting a foursome at the 93XRT Golf Outing, Wednesday, June […]
DJ Blog Archives
- Happy Birthday Bob Dylan... As “Seven Nation Army” Turns... 20 Forgotten Girl Groups From... Wayne Coyne's 13 Favorite...
- The Best Musicians To Follow... XRT & Heineken® Concert... XRT Listener Purchases On... Album Cover Stories [Part 2]
- Lin Brehmer's History Of The... Album Cover Stories [Part 1] XRT Derby Dash at Hawthorne... Bud Light Free Sample With...
- Bud Light Free Sample with... ‘The Dark Side Of The Moon’... Chicago River Dye 2013 Shamrock & Roll Broadcast...