Live from the Archives Weekend
I saw the [lastfm]Replacements[/lastfm] a couple of times in the eighties and they were absolutely spectacular. There were reports of other shows that were less than stellar, perhaps due to overserved conditions. In any event, expectations were […]
I think the [lastfm]Who[/lastfm] holds the record, but the loudest show I ever heard was Lee “Do You Know What I Mean” Michaels at the Aragon in the seventies. Not only was the decibel level high, […]
Poplar Creek in 1988. Regular appearances at Farm Aid. A legendary studio performance with Frank E. Lee. Live satellite performance on the XRT morning show. John Mellencamp has been live on XRT many times. As […]
It was a sultry night at the old International Amphitheatre in the early seventies when one of the buzz bands of the day came by, bringing an army of percussionists and one of the hottest […]
Since 1972, WXRT has been recording performances and saving them for weekends just like this. What you don’t always have a chance to hear is the story behind these historic live archives. Andy Partridge of [lastfm]XTC[/lastfm] […]
Where else can you hear rare and unavailable performances by the major artists of the past 30+ years but on 93XRT? And where else can you hear nothing but recorded treasures – virtually unavailable at […]
In honor of our “Live From The Archives Weekend,” which begins tomorrow, I thought I’d jot down a couple of thoughts on a memorable show/broadcast from 2009. Ben Harper’s new band/project, “[lastfm]Ben Harper & Relentless […]
We do this from time to time, but this weekend we’re playing nothing but live recordings from our vault, er, archives. It’s our annual, sometimes semi-annual event, “On XRT: Live From The Archives Weekend.” At […]
- #MeetOnMonday @LinBrehmer @MaryLDixon @xrtfrankelee @jasonthomas93 @TomMarker @martylennartz @JohnnyMarsDJ 93XRT.com 10 minutes ago
- Memorial Day Road Trip? 10 Classic Driving Songs [Playlist] cbsloc.al/14kOJLH 2 hours ago
- .@John_Fogerty tells @CBSThisMorning that a Creedence Clearwater Revival reunion is "a possibility" 93xrt.com/music 2 hours ago
- RT @xrtfrankelee: While I was away... wxrt.cbslocal.com/2013/05/20/my-… 5 hours ago
- Now: Win FREE Tickets to @TheOlmsMusic (@peteyorn & J.D. King) XRT Show at @martyrslive 93XRT.com/giveaways 5 hours ago
- Win Tickets To The Olms’ (Pete Yorn and J.D. King) XRT ShowThe Olms are Pete Yorn and J.D. King. See them in a 93XRT show on Thursday, June 13th at Martyrs! Tickets are on sale now via jamusa.com. Enter for your chance to win a pair […]
- Win Caffe RōM Catering For You And Your Office!Caffe RōM is Chicago’s Modern Italian coffee bar! RōM is all about the Italian lifestyle-Hand-crafted coffees, homemade Eurpoean Pastries, artisan sandwiches made with imported meats and cheeses and our decadent Gelato Di Casa! Let us […]
- Ticket Pre-Sale: Iron and Wine at The Chicago TheatreDon’t miss Iron and Wine at The Chicago Theatre or Friday, September 27th! Tickets go on sale Saturday, May 18 at 10:00 am. Enter for your chance to win a pair of tickets. You can […]
DJ Blog Archives
- As “Seven Nation Army” Turns... 20 Forgotten Girl Groups From... Wayne Coyne's 13 Favorite... The Best Musicians To Follow...
- XRT & Heineken® Concert... XRT Listener Purchases On... Album Cover Stories [Part 2] Lin Brehmer's History Of The...
- Album Cover Stories [Part 1] XRT Derby Dash at Hawthorne... Bud Light Free Sample With... Bud Light Free Sample with...
- ‘The Dark Side Of The Moon’... Chicago River Dye 2013 Shamrock & Roll Broadcast... 2013 Southside Irish Parade