In Not Fade Away, we take a look at the legacy of some of the greatest albums of the past few decades – some iconic, some lesser known – as they celebrate significant anniversaries. Here, […]
Twenty million people tried to buy tickets to Led Zeppelin‘s lone reunion show in 2007 at London’s O2 Arena. Take a moment and let the crushing hugeness of that number sink in. For Zeppelin to […]
If you were to put rock and blues guitarists, Gary Clark Jr. and Led Zeppelin’s Jimmy Page in the same room, what do you get: an ad campaign that features Clark and Page for clothing […]
Jimmy Page has been a guitar hero for decades, but a new promotional campaign focuses more on his sense of fashion. Page and up-and-coming guitarist Gary Clark Jr. are part of the advertising push for […]
What do you get when you put Jack White, The Edge, and Jimmy Page together in a room together? A Rock and Roll nerd’s dream come true. The three guitarists are all representative of three […]
As 2012 comes to a close, we’re revisiting the year’s biggest stories through the lens of some of our station’s biggest artists. They’re still one of the most popular bands ever: Led Zeppelin Status: Defunct since 1980. […]
Led Zeppelin fans, here’s the moment you’ve been waiting for. Tonight (December 26), the Kennedy Center Honors ceremony finally airs on CBS (9 p.m. ET/PT), at which point the Zep tributes from Heart, Foo Fighters, Jack […]
Letterman was clearly unaware of Page and Jones’ histories as session musicians before they formed Zeppelin, so Plant pointed that they’d both played on a lot of records, and joked that during that time he was working “on the blacktop” and John Bonham was stealing cars. Letterman’s response: “And had you mentioned the part about stealing cars to the Kennedy Center people?”
Clearly, it was a departure for the Kennedy Center Honors. Now in it’s 35th year, the ceremony started out by paying tribute to cultural icons like Fred Astaire, Ella Fitzgerald and Tennessee Williams. In recent years, rock has been represented more and more at this prestigious event, with Paul McCartney, Pete Townshend, Roger Daltrey, Elton John and Bruce Springsteen all collecting the Kennedy Center medallion. But past ceremonies probably never got as loud as this year’s.
Led Zeppelin and Rolling Stone magazine have always had an uneasy relationship: although the band dominated the ’70s, they were only on the cover once during that decade. And Rolling Stone didn’t always give Zeppelin’s records favorable reviews. So, it was a surprise that the band’s leader Jimmy Page gave the magazine an eight-hour plus interview in the new issue, which features a vintage Page shot on the cover.
- Congrats Class of 2013! Hear some wisdom from Lin on today's Lin's Bin: cbsloc.al/N9LsHP 4 hours ago
- RT @TomMarker: Vacation schedule! I'm on 6p-9p. Rolling Stones feature. Have a great weekend! #RollingStones @93XRT 4 hours ago
- Stop by the XRT Booth @Randolphmarket this Saturday & Sunday and enter to win tickets to @lollapalooza & @MSIchicago! bit.ly/10u3JUf 6 hours ago
- "Hearing this many @RollingStones songs makes me feel like I'm watching a @scorsesemartin film." @jasonthomas93 93XRT.com 7 hours ago
- RT @RollingStones: #FF Follow the @RollingStones! @MickJagger @officialKeef #CharliestoocoolforTwitter @ronniewood 8 hours ago
- XRT’s Rock & Roll X-Cursion to The Rolling Stones in LondonYou can win a Rock & Roll X-Cursion to London, to see The Rolling Stones! Prize includes roundtrip airfare to London, hotel stay, and tickets to the July 13 concert! Stay tuned to XRT Monday-Friday […]
- XRT Rock & Roll X-Cursion To Forecastle Music Festival!We’re sending you to Louisville KY, the birthplace of Bourbon, to attend the Forecast Music Festival. You’ll be put up in a hotel and treated like a VIP as you rock out to the Flaming […]
- Win a foursome in the XRT Golf Outing!Are you king of the links? Want to test your stuff against Lin Brehmer and other XRT jocks? Enter below and you could find yourself hosting a foursome at the 93XRT Golf Outing, Wednesday, June […]
DJ Blog Archives
- Happy Birthday Bob Dylan... As “Seven Nation Army” Turns... 20 Forgotten Girl Groups From... Wayne Coyne's 13 Favorite...
- The Best Musicians To Follow... XRT & Heineken® Concert... XRT Listener Purchases On... Album Cover Stories [Part 2]
- Lin Brehmer's History Of The... Album Cover Stories [Part 1] XRT Derby Dash at Hawthorne... Bud Light Free Sample With...
- Bud Light Free Sample with... ‘The Dark Side Of The Moon’... Chicago River Dye 2013 Shamrock & Roll Broadcast...