The year 2012 proved to be a good one for the Eli Young Band. The group of Texas musicians spent 12 years touring and recording before ”Even If It Breaks Your Heart” hit Number One that July. […]
Today in their hometown of Chicago, multi-platinum Grammy-nominated group Fall Out Boy announced that they have reunited after an indefinitie hiatus and will debut their new single “My Songs Know What You Did in the […]
Despite not releasing an album in 2012, the Black Keys dominated the year in a lot of ways. The most surprising thing, however, is the feasibility of the rock duo doing the same thing in […]
From country ballads to frenzied dubstep and vibrant dance-pop concoctions, Taylor Swift’s latest album Red is a variety pack of emotion and energy. Yet one thing that binds so many of her songs together is their undeniable catchiness. She […]
Last week’s big Bowie news of a new album continues to unfold, as his producer Tony Visconti steps in and does a few interviews in David Bowie‘s place. We learn, among other things, that Bowie’s […]
Last night (December 6), New Jersey Governor Chris Christie stopped by The Daily Show and got right down to the real issues with host Jon Stewart – fan-girling over Bruce Springsteen.
“I was worried, when we first decided this was going to be the band name about all the negative puns that would happen,” singer Nate Ruess says. “Like, ‘This is no fun at all!’
The Rolling Stones are celebrating their 50th anniversary with a photo book, HBO documentary and what everyone was hoping for; reunion shows. The band recently spoke with Rolling Stone magazine about the anniversary and upcoming shows for a feature that will be published in the November 8th issue. Before you get your hands on it and sit down for a lengthy read, here are five points you need to know about.
Arguably, Jeff Lynne’s greatest attribute is his incredibly distinct sound. It transcends his work with ELO and comes to define his second solo album, Long Wave, out today. And make no mistake, that is no easy feat, as Long Wave is a covers album.
The Black Keys are the Energizer Bunnies of rock ‘n roll. Constantly touring yet always itching to get back into Dan Auerbach’s Nashville studio, the duo revealed in an interview with CBS Local that they’ll begin work on their eighth album, a follow-up to 2011′s “El Camino,” early next year.
- RT @jasonthomas93: A couple more hours on the air @93XRT. What would you like to hear/not hear? 1 hour ago
- RT @amiwoods: @TomMarker @93XRT so thankful for radio.com 4 hours ago
- RT @TomMarker: Now that it's PM you've got TM on the FM till 3 on @93XRT 5 hours ago
- RT @t_i_c_t_o_c: Saturday Morning Flashback on @93XRT ...it's like cartoons for adults. 6 hours ago
- XRT is on site at #RandolphStreetMarket. Bring your self and your totes on over for our Lolla giveaway. 93xrt.com 7 hours ago
- XRT’s Rock & Roll X-Cursion to The Rolling Stones in LondonYou can win a Rock & Roll X-Cursion to London, to see The Rolling Stones! Prize includes roundtrip airfare to London, hotel stay, and tickets to the July 13 concert! Stay tuned to XRT Monday-Friday […]
- XRT Rock & Roll X-Cursion To Forecastle Music Festival!We’re sending you to Louisville KY, the birthplace of Bourbon, to attend the Forecast Music Festival. You’ll be put up in a hotel and treated like a VIP as you rock out to the Flaming […]
- Win a foursome in the XRT Golf Outing!Are you king of the links? Want to test your stuff against Lin Brehmer and other XRT jocks? Enter below and you could find yourself hosting a foursome at the 93XRT Golf Outing, Wednesday, June […]
DJ Blog Archives
- Happy Birthday Bob Dylan... As “Seven Nation Army” Turns... 20 Forgotten Girl Groups From... Wayne Coyne's 13 Favorite...
- The Best Musicians To Follow... XRT & Heineken® Concert... XRT Listener Purchases On... Album Cover Stories [Part 2]
- Lin Brehmer's History Of The... Album Cover Stories [Part 1] XRT Derby Dash at Hawthorne... Bud Light Free Sample With...
- Bud Light Free Sample with... ‘The Dark Side Of The Moon’... Chicago River Dye 2013 Shamrock & Roll Broadcast...