As the Cubs unveiled their plans for what they call the “restoration” of Wrigley Field, the team’s owner is threatening to bolt if he doesn’t get the deal done with the city.
Yes, The Regular Guy loves a good movie, but the silver screen is nothing compared to Wrigley’s green ivy. Every opening day the Guy leads a group of early-morning XRT listeners in a prayer to help start the Cubs off on a winning season. We’re not sure if it helps, but it couldn’t hurt, right?
On the morning of opening day in 1992, I wrote a short piece about how it feels to welcome back the baseball season. It has become a tradition for me to read “For Openers” at […]
Lots of rumblings today from Pearl Jam fans about an upcoming announcement. The band notified fans on Facebook and Twitter to #StayTuned. And mysteriously, the Chicago Cubs told us to do the same. So, I […]
The Playstation commercial for MLB 12 is a classic. The Cubs win the World Series. We feel the excitement and the exhilaration of this improbable event. But I can’t help feeling that Playstation missed a […]
In March 2003, Chicagoans woke up to the news reporting bulldozed X’s on the runway at Meigs Field. Former Mayor Richard Daley had been arguing with lawmakers to close the airport—where high-ranking officials would chopper […]
It is hard to gauge heartbreak. For Cub fans we have choices. Was 2003 worse than 1984? As we catapult through 40 years in 40 days, there is no avoiding the year The Chicago Cubs […]
Facebook measured the world’s most social landmarks in 25 cities using check-ins and other location apps. Sorry Sox fans, but it looks like Wrigley Field is the most visited landmark in Chicago. Lollapalooza also made […]
[pullquote quote="There ain't no rest for the Ricketts, pennants don't grow on trees." credit="Eric Howell"]An essential part of any XRT Baseball Day Broadcast are the Cubbie parody songs. Crafted by Lin Brehmer and performed by […]
This is the year? Our 7 hour live broadcast at Yak-zies, on Clark Street just one block from Wrigley Field is a tradition that is legendary and a celebration with 20 years of history. 3 […]
- RT @jasonthomas93: If you missed Fogerty & Dawes on Letterman last night, here ya go.. ow.ly/lkELU 8 minutes ago
- @Carole King wins another award. What's your fave song of hers? (via @xrtfrankelee) 93XRT.com/frank 23 minutes ago
- Just announced: XRT &@billionscorp First Impressions Concert with @Thaogetstaydown! 93XRT.com/events 1 hour ago
- RT @TomMarker: Two Free Blues Events today: @Maxsko @ChicagoDCASE @93XRT ow.ly/lkpFk 1 hour ago
- Get What You Need: FREE Tickets To See The @RollingStones at United Center! 93XRT.com/giveaways 1 hour ago
- XRT Rock & Roll X-Cursion To Forecastle Music Festival!We’re sending you to Louisville KY, the birthplace of Bourbon, to attend the Forecast Music Festival. You’ll be put up in a hotel and treated like a VIP as you rock out to the Flaming […]
- Win a foursome in the XRT Golf Outing!Are you king of the links? Want to test your stuff against Lin Brehmer and other XRT jocks? Enter below and you could find yourself hosting a foursome at the 93XRT Golf Outing, Wednesday, June […]
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big CatchJoin Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
DJ Blog Archives
- As “Seven Nation Army” Turns... 20 Forgotten Girl Groups From... Wayne Coyne's 13 Favorite... The Best Musicians To Follow...
- XRT & Heineken® Concert... XRT Listener Purchases On... Album Cover Stories [Part 2] Lin Brehmer's History Of The...
- Album Cover Stories [Part 1] XRT Derby Dash at Hawthorne... Bud Light Free Sample With... Bud Light Free Sample with...
- ‘The Dark Side Of The Moon’... Chicago River Dye 2013 Shamrock & Roll Broadcast... 2013 Southside Irish Parade