Rock Roll Recycle
|We have gone green and want our listeners in Chicago and around the country to join us, so we’ve created a resource to help make the transition as easy as possible. Stay tuned to Rock, Roll, Recycle to find out about eco-friendly tips, events, products and resources. Be sure to come back each month for updates and new findings.
As a proud sponsor of Rock and Roll Recycle, Peoples Gas encourages you to prepare for winter by following simple tips to make your home more efficient like the ones listed here.
1. Install a programmable thermostat and save up to 8% a year on heating costs.
For more info, visit: peoplesgasdelivery.com
24th Annual Earth Day Parks & Preserves Clean Up
Join thousands of your neighbors, Friends of the Parks, the Chicago Park Disrtict and the Forest Preserve District of Cook County for the 24th Annual Earth Day Parks & Preserves Clean Up on Saturday, April 20th from 9:00AM – 12 PM. Earth Day is Presented by Exelon. The theme of this years’ event is “Healthy Earth, Healthy You.” Over 120 sites will be “Captained” for volunteers to clean and green parks, and host additional activities including electronics recycling, clothing recycling, and expired pharmaceutical drug disposal. For more information, please go to www.EarthdayChicago.com.
Come out and make your parks and preserves cleaner and healthier!
Burnham Nature Sanctuary Workday
Join the Burnham stewardship group in a variety of activities including: trail maintenance, invasive plant species removal, brush cutting, seeding, or planting. Be sure to wear good, closed-toe shoes and long pants. Event takes place on March 2, April 6, May 4, June 1 from 9am to noon. Registration is required; contact Pam Holy at (773) 275-2228 for more information.
The Burnham Nature Sanctuary is located north of the parking lot north of 47th Street and stretching to north of 45th Street, between Lake Shore Drive and Canadian National/Metra railroad right of way.
Good Food Festival & Conference Chicago
Join us for the Good Food Festival & Conference March 14-16, 2013! This multi-day event will focus on regional and national issues integral to building a local and sustainable food system while supporting the needs of regional family farmers. Our Saturday Good Food Festival offers individuals and families workshops, demonstrations, and exhibitors to help them eat local and sustainable food all year round. More info here
World Environment Day at the Chicago Botanic Gardens
Bring your family to the Chicago Botanic Garden’s annual celebration of World Environment Day on Saturday, June 1, 2013. Activities and programs held throughout the Garden will explore how people of all ages can protect the earth through awareness and action. More info here
Green City Market
Operating as Chicago’s only truly “green” farmer’s market supporting and promoting local, sustainable agricultural practices, the mission of Green City Market is to provide a marketplace for purchasing sustainably grown food that educates, promotes and connects farmers and local producers directly to chefs, restaurateurs and the greater Chicago community.
North Park Village Nature Center Workday
Every Wednesday from 9am to noon (2/6/13 – 6/1/13) volunteers assist with restoration of the 46 acre preserve. Activities include pulling invasives, mulching, planting, and other general field work. Be sure to bring a snack and water bottle and dress appropriately for outdoor work. Refreshments will be provided. Location, 5801 N. Pulaski Road, Chicago, IL, 60646
- Stone Temple Pilots & Chester Bennington Make Surprise Appearance at @KROQ Weenie Roast cbsloc.al/13xHVYK #stp #FREEdownload 40 minutes ago
- Get an EXCLUSIVE FREE Download of @STPBand With @ChesterBe of @linkinpark as lead singer! cbsloc.al/13xHVYK #FREEDownload #outoftime 42 minutes ago
- Download @STPBand’s latest single #OutofTime with @ChesterBe. What do you think? Via @Radio.com downloads.radio.com/stone-temple-p… 59 minutes ago
- RT @marcafterdark: We'll make that happen after 10 MT @_gb_: thinking some New Awlins funk , got some Neville Brothers you could spin... 2 hours ago
- RT @marcafterdark: Sweet! RT @jchiet: @marcafterdark about to roast marshmallows for some backyard smores! bit.ly/17MOQE8 #xrtgrill 3 hours ago
- See Laura Marling Live from Studio XLaura Marling will perform Live from Studio X on the evening of Thursday, May 23! Register for your chance to see her perform in an intimate and unique performance. Studio X is presented by Coors […]
- Ticket Pre-Sale: Iron and Wine at The Chicago TheatreDon’t miss Iron and Wine at The Chicago Theatre or Friday, September 27th! Tickets go on sale Saturday, May 18 at 10:00 am. Enter for your chance to win a pair of tickets. You can […]
- Lookingglass Junior Board’s Annual Madhatter’s BallThe Lookingglass Junior Board invites you to join The Madhatter at his clandestine hideaway to kick off summer with the most unique fundraiser of the year. Don your fedora, cloche, bowler, trilby or boater, whisper […]