Born in Chicago, I moved away and came back three times, so this must be the place for me. I’ve always loved music and radio, be it big band jazz on my dad’s solid state RCA, Top-40 AM on a transistor, FM rock on enormous stereo equipment, or podcasts on iPods. [Read Leslie's Full Bio]
Fitz and the Tantrums hosted a blissful, non-stop dance party at the sold-out Double Door XRT show 4/23/13.
Jim James, front man for My Morning Jacket, performed his entire debut album, Regions of Light and Sound of God for a WXRT sell-out at the Vic Theater Saturday night. He emerged as a solo artist, a visionary, a rock ‘n roll messiah.
It was a mecca for music-lovers of every stripe, a teen hang-out, and most of all, place of magnificent discovery. Just about everyone who lived in north suburban Deerfield back then has a story to [...]
Playing the part of “Mr. Mardi Gras,” Allen Toussaint, at one point, tossed into the crowd souvenirs from his hometown of New Orleans. But it’s his treasure trove of music that makes a night with Allen Toussaint special.
The sweep and scope of Toussaint’s set is like a history lesson in New Orleans jazz, blues and R&B. His gentlemanly charm and wonderful stories make it accessible. And the danceable, irresistible rhythms are omnipresent. Performances are loaded with his many hit songs, like “Mother-In-Law,” “Yes We Can Can,” “Southern Nights, ” and, famously covered by Jerry Garcia, “Get Out Of My Life Woman.”
XRT listeners are, by definition, music lovers with open minds, so I’m urging you to take a leap from music concert to dance performance. No better time to make the move than now, with the [...]
Suzanne Vega possesses much of the elegance of stars like Marlene Dietrich, who inspired one of her best-known songs, and her top hat and tux attire, at two XRT shows at SPACE. Vega opened her [...]
Planning an outing with your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day? Ditch the quiet, candlelit dinner and let it all hang out with a 19-piece, 1930’s New Orleans style cabaret show playing at Martyrs’! I had the [...]
America is a big country, with musical influences spreading far and wide, so you never know where you might discover a musician who puts a new twist on old styles in an unlikely place. Like [...]
I can’t help it. It’s a passion, though people who know me would argue that it is an obsession. As XRT whooped up its forty years as Chicago’s Finest Rock, I did the math and [...]
When bad news comes, as it did so often this past year, we can cry, or we can, in Beatles parlance, try to take a sad song and make it better. So when Alejandro Escovedo [...]
- RT @MaryLDixon Ray Manzarek of the Doors has died at age 74. RIP. Favorite Doors song? 93xrt.com 2 hours ago
- RT @johnnymarsdj: Another adventure in broadcasting as I sit in for Tom Marker, 6 till 9 on 93XRT. What's your Monday pleasure? 4 hours ago
- Today on #LinsBin, @LinBrehmer explains how we have a little Jack Bauer in all of us 93xrt.com/linsbin 4 hours ago
- #MeetOnMonday @LinBrehmer @MaryLDixon @xrtfrankelee @jasonthomas93 @TomMarker @martylennartz @JohnnyMarsDJ 93XRT.com 7 hours ago
- Memorial Day Road Trip? 10 Classic Driving Songs [Playlist] cbsloc.al/14kOJLH 8 hours ago
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big CatchJoin Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Win Tickets To The Olms’ (Pete Yorn and J.D. King) XRT ShowThe Olms are Pete Yorn and J.D. King. See them in a 93XRT show on Thursday, June 13th at Martyrs! Tickets are on sale now via jamusa.com. Enter for your chance to win a pair […]
- Win Caffe RōM Catering For You And Your Office!Caffe RōM is Chicago’s Modern Italian coffee bar! RōM is all about the Italian lifestyle-Hand-crafted coffees, homemade Eurpoean Pastries, artisan sandwiches made with imported meats and cheeses and our decadent Gelato Di Casa! Let us […]
DJ Blog Archives
- As “Seven Nation Army” Turns... 20 Forgotten Girl Groups From... Wayne Coyne's 13 Favorite... The Best Musicians To Follow...
- XRT & Heineken® Concert... XRT Listener Purchases On... Album Cover Stories [Part 2] Lin Brehmer's History Of The...
- Album Cover Stories [Part 1] XRT Derby Dash at Hawthorne... Bud Light Free Sample With... Bud Light Free Sample with...
- ‘The Dark Side Of The Moon’... Chicago River Dye 2013 Shamrock & Roll Broadcast... 2013 Southside Irish Parade