Frank E. Lee
Monday – Friday: 1-5pm
Host: Vinyl Frontier, Sunday Night Concert
Frank E. Lee was born and raised on the south side of Chicago. His education in the Chicago Southwest Christian School system left him ill-prepared for a career as a rock superstar, so he turned to the radio. [Read Frank's Full Bio]
The lovely and talented Laura Marling has come a long way in a brief time thanks to her clear, distinctive voice and superlative guitar technique. Her songs are filled with compelling characters that are delightfully strange and hauntingly familiar at the same time. She has a brand new album coming out next week and will give some of those tunes the acid test when she returns to the Athenaum Theater for an XRT show tomorrow night. (Still some tickets available.) Ms. Marling stopped by the XRT studios about a year ago for music and conversation and here it is:
Psychedelic rock was driven by electric guitar freakouts and cosmic lyrics and it was well and good and still cuts through the airwaves like a tie-dye laser beam. But for the Doors, other textures came [...]
There is nothing better our dearly departed G.I. Joes and Janes would want us to do to celebrate their sacrifice on Memorial Day than to have a BBQ in their honor. While the coals heat [...]
This vacation was much like the last stay at home variety, although there was a day trip to one of the many Long lakes in Wisconsin. The North country air was crisp and was filled [...]
There might be a Kinks reunion. Kinda. For one thing, Pete Quaif, the original bass player, died last summer, and Dave Davies, Ray’s brother and lead guitarist, said a modern day Kinks would be like [...]
What’s it like to be a mother? Men must use their imagination. First, a new being will grow inside you and then you must push it out into the world. And that’s just the beginning. [...]
Matthew Sweet, the pride and joy of Lincoln, Nebraska, played one of the biggest XRT shows ever back in 1993 when he headlined the XRT Free Fourth of July Concert. Crowd estimates are notoriously unreliable, [...]
For most of human history, the great departed monsters and imaginary creations of mythology and fiction existed only in art or the furnaces of our brains. This was sufficient as anyone who has ever woken [...]
For the first time in history, a president of the United States has tried to reach a diplomatic solution with the members of a rock and roll band. This makes compromise with Congress, detente between [...]
With my lamp, radio, and contact lens case, there’s a limited amount of book space next to my pillow, but there’s always room for a stack of compact tomes to send me into the arms [...]
- You're welcome and thanks for listening :) RT @eddieinafrica: @93XRT Thank you for the perfect mood music right now. :) 2 hours ago
- RT @bikeshopcarole: @93XRT @marcafterdark I'm in heeeeavan... Tina Weymouth = coolest mom ever. #fenderswinger 5 hours ago
- "Who needs to think when your feet just go.." Become a Genius w/ @marcafterdark Late Night XRT 93.1fm(ord/mdw) 93xrt.com 6 hours ago
- RT @ZILZ13: @93XRT @monstersandmen thank you XRT for the sweet hook up on tix. Monsters you guys killed it yet again!! http://t.co/Vvjt7i4f… 6 hours ago
- RT @TomMarker: !st night on air since daughter's wedding. I feel like I'm back from another planet. 9p-12a. @93XRT 9 hours ago
- XRT Rock & Roll X-Cursion To Forecastle Music Festival!We’re sending you to Louisville KY, the birthplace of Bourbon, to attend the Forecast Music Festival. You’ll be put up in a hotel and treated like a VIP as you rock out to the Flaming […]
- Win a foursome in the XRT Golf Outing!Are you king of the links? Want to test your stuff against Lin Brehmer and other XRT jocks? Enter below and you could find yourself hosting a foursome at the 93XRT Golf Outing, Wednesday, June […]
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big CatchJoin Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
DJ Blog Archives
- As “Seven Nation Army” Turns... 20 Forgotten Girl Groups From... Wayne Coyne's 13 Favorite... The Best Musicians To Follow...
- XRT & Heineken® Concert... XRT Listener Purchases On... Album Cover Stories [Part 2] Lin Brehmer's History Of The...
- Album Cover Stories [Part 1] XRT Derby Dash at Hawthorne... Bud Light Free Sample With... Bud Light Free Sample with...
- ‘The Dark Side Of The Moon’... Chicago River Dye 2013 Shamrock & Roll Broadcast... 2013 Southside Irish Parade