Frank E. Lee
Monday – Friday: 1-5pm
Host: Vinyl Frontier, Sunday Night Concert
Frank E. Lee was born and raised on the south side of Chicago. His education in the Chicago Southwest Christian School system left him ill-prepared for a career as a rock superstar, so he turned to the radio. [Read Frank's Full Bio]
Psychedelic rock was driven by electric guitar freakouts and cosmic lyrics and it was well and good and still cuts through the airwaves like a tie-dye laser beam. But for the Doors, other textures came [...]
There is nothing better our dearly departed G.I. Joes and Janes would want us to do to celebrate their sacrifice on Memorial Day than to have a BBQ in their honor. While the coals heat [...]
This vacation was much like the last stay at home variety, although there was a day trip to one of the many Long lakes in Wisconsin. The North country air was crisp and was filled [...]
There might be a Kinks reunion. Kinda. For one thing, Pete Quaif, the original bass player, died last summer, and Dave Davies, Ray’s brother and lead guitarist, said a modern day Kinks would be like [...]
What’s it like to be a mother? Men must use their imagination. First, a new being will grow inside you and then you must push it out into the world. And that’s just the beginning. [...]
Matthew Sweet, the pride and joy of Lincoln, Nebraska, played one of the biggest XRT shows ever back in 1993 when he headlined the XRT Free Fourth of July Concert. Crowd estimates are notoriously unreliable, [...]
For most of human history, the great departed monsters and imaginary creations of mythology and fiction existed only in art or the furnaces of our brains. This was sufficient as anyone who has ever woken [...]
For the first time in history, a president of the United States has tried to reach a diplomatic solution with the members of a rock and roll band. This makes compromise with Congress, detente between [...]
With my lamp, radio, and contact lens case, there’s a limited amount of book space next to my pillow, but there’s always room for a stack of compact tomes to send me into the arms [...]
The culture of Mexico is ancient and rich and varied. I got a little taste of it living in the twin border cities of El Paso and Juarez back in the late seventies. Moles are probably [...]
- RT @jasonthomas93: If you missed @The_National on Letterman last night, here's a replay for you. wxrt.cbslocal.com/2013/05/21/the… 26 minutes ago
- RT @jasonthomas93: Want to score tickets for Coachella? Yeah, I know it just happened. I'm talking 2014. wxrt.cbslocal.com/2013/05/21/coa… 26 minutes ago
- A Look At The Most Anticipated Albums Still To Be Released In 2013 cbsloc.al/1a1FAZI @qotsa @ArcadeFire @theblackkeys... 45 minutes ago
- From The Doors To X, Ray Manzarek’s Legacy – In His Own Words: cbsloc.al/12s0dLM 1 hour ago
- RT @cbschicago 120 tornadoes have hit the Chicagoland area since 1950. Find out how to stay safe: cbsloc.al/10jbPmj 1 hour ago
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big CatchJoin Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Win Tickets To The Olms’ (Pete Yorn and J.D. King) XRT ShowThe Olms are Pete Yorn and J.D. King. See them in a 93XRT show on Thursday, June 13th at Martyrs! Tickets are on sale now via jamusa.com. Enter for your chance to win a pair […]
- Win Caffe RōM Catering For You And Your Office!Caffe RōM is Chicago’s Modern Italian coffee bar! RōM is all about the Italian lifestyle-Hand-crafted coffees, homemade Eurpoean Pastries, artisan sandwiches made with imported meats and cheeses and our decadent Gelato Di Casa! Let us […]
DJ Blog Archives
- As “Seven Nation Army” Turns... 20 Forgotten Girl Groups From... Wayne Coyne's 13 Favorite... The Best Musicians To Follow...
- XRT & Heineken® Concert... XRT Listener Purchases On... Album Cover Stories [Part 2] Lin Brehmer's History Of The...
- Album Cover Stories [Part 1] XRT Derby Dash at Hawthorne... Bud Light Free Sample With... Bud Light Free Sample with...
- ‘The Dark Side Of The Moon’... Chicago River Dye 2013 Shamrock & Roll Broadcast... 2013 Southside Irish Parade