Well, these young Cubs are playing some good ball lately. Kyle Hendricks threw a five-hit complete game shutout yesterday and looked very Greg Maddux in doing so. The Cubs wrap up their roadtrip this weekend […]
While the goal was disallowed, Andrew Shaw’s header from the Blackhawks Ducks game the other night has drawn a lot of attention due to the amount of skill it took to pull it off.
The Cubs were all set up to go undefeated the rest of the season until A.J. Burnett decided to put the kibosh on those plans. He’s having quite a year thusfar. You know who else is having quite a good year? Cubs President of Baseball Operations, Theo Epstein. He’s a part of Hot Stove Cool Music, which benefits his Foundation To Be Named Later. Tickets go on sale this Friday at http://www.metrochicago.com & http://www.ftbnl.org. The past few years’ shows have been excellent, with many surprise guests (such as Cheap Trick last year) popping by to perform. This year’s known performers will be Matt Spiegel of sister station WSCR’s midday show and XRT Opening Day house band Tributosaurus, Jimmy Chamberlain (former Smashing Pumpkins drummer who also performed at this year’s Opening Night broadcast), Len Kasper, Jason Narducy and members of Wilco and Blake Babies. Oh, and Lin will be there, too. Why, you ask? Because he’s EVERYWHERE!
I’ve mentioned a time or two in this space that I’ve become hooked on the English Premier League this year. I’ve always enjoyed watching the big international tourneys (World Cup & European Championship) and this […]
Eddie Vedder doesn’t make his Cubs fandom a secret.
- Warriors open as 6-pt. favorite in Finals opener 31 Minutes ago
- Skiles, Magic 'inching closer to a partnership?' 58 Minutes ago
- Thompson exhibits concussion-like symptoms 1 hour ago
- Warriors oust Rockets in Game 5, off to Finals 3 hours ago
- Blackhawks top Ducks, force Game 7 in West 4 hours ago
- Former Bears DL McDonald is arrested again 5 hours ago
- Cards lose 1B Adams for 3-4 months (quad) 6 hours ago
- Bucks forward Dudley takes jabs at Kobe, Melo 8 hours ago