Much was made of Kris Bryant’s Major League debut, and after a shaky start at the plate on Friday (but a great day in the field), it looks like he’s starting to settle in. He could be lined up for a nice, long big league career. Jon Lester, on the other hand, is still looking a little uncomfortable in Cubs pinstripes.
If you’re a sports fan, it doesn’t get any better than March through June. We just came off watching another fantastic March Madness and then were shocked by a 21 year old winning the Masters. […]
Not much has been happening with the Chicago Cubs, so picking through the young baseball season with Len Kasper for today’s edition of Len & Lin was a real chore for Lin Brehmer. The team’s only in first place thusfar, and some kid named Bryant is looking to break into the big leagues this afternoon at Wrigley. Word on the street is that he’s got a sweet swing, but they said that about Mantle too, and look how he turned out. As with anything, and especially baseball, time will tell. Something about the time of the season and hope springing eternal or some such. Should be a fun weekend, regardless.
Len & Lin recapped the weekend series in Denver against the Colorado Rockies, wherein a 9th inning home run by former Rockie Dexter Fowler against former Cub LaTroy Hawkins (the oldest MLB player) lifted the Cubs. They open up a 6-game homestand against the Cincinnati Reds today.
Chicago Cubs TV play-by-play announcer Len Kasper joined Lin this morning from beautiful Denver, Colorado where the Cubs open a three-game series today for the Rockies’ home opener. They discuss the overall lack of hitting in MLB the last several years, including the start of this season. The thin air of the mile high city should probably remedy that. Len makes an interesting prediction regarding just this.
- “It Should Be A Very Exciting Summer” Watch Cubs Owner Tom Ricketts Chat With XRT At Our Opening Night Broadcast 04/10/2015
- Music Made For Running WXRT–03/30/2015
- Join Us For The XRT/Coors Light Opening Night Live Broadcast! 03/24/2015
- Personal Bracketology WXRT–03/16/2015
- Ducks go up 3-0 43 Minutes ago
- Cubs call up prospect Russell 1 min ago
- Wild get big win over Blues 24 Minutes ago
- Bryant's 3 RBIs lead Cubs over Pirates 5-2 37 Minutes ago
- Butler nets 31, Bulls beat Bucks to go up 2-0 1 hour ago
- Report: 6 teams 'in the mix' for Vikes' Peterson 1 hour ago
- Rangers edge Penguins to reclaim series lead 2 hours ago
- <img width="18" height="10" src="http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/video.gif"> Foul ball behind plate strikes fan in head 3 hours ago