I was in a cab late yesterday afternoon when I checked my phone and saw the news that Nelson Mandela died. My cab driver was from Africa, and when I told him that Mandala had passed he let out a heartbreaking sound. Words could not convey his emotions. Though news of his death was not a surprise it still hit hard. Losing a man that had such an impact on his country, and every lover of peace and justice throughout the world, brings on a wave of various emotions.
Let’s face it, 2013 was one for the books in the music world.
So many emerging bands, so many already great bands coming out with wonderful new albums. Picking my “best songs of the year” was no easy task; I have no idea how music makes you feel, just myself. With so many great songs to choose from, I went with ten favorites that I know impacted a lot of other music lovers this year.
Sometimes finding that “perfect Christmas gift” is a tall order. When you add music to the equation, it could be near impossible to find the music loving friend or relative a gift they’ll truly enjoy.
Gabriel was hosting the WITNESS 2013 Focus For Change Event, which served as an ad hoc tribute to Mandela’s influence.
When I was in college, I attended a lecture from a visiting professor who had just returned from a missionary assignment in Africa. The subject was apartheid. He laid out a series of reasons of […]
- Congressional negotiators reach budget deal 4 hours ago
- Acid reflux drugs may lead to vitamin B12 deficiency 3 hours ago
- Tight end suspended after Oregon snowball fight 2 hours ago
- Katie Couric admits disproportionate reporting on HPV vaccine controversy 1 hour ago
- Volcker Rule's arrival greeted by cheers, jeers 42 Minutes ago
- Missing Nevada family found alive after two days in wilderness 40 Minutes ago
- Guilty plea in Obama, Bloomberg ricin letters case 15 Minutes ago
- Eastern snowstorm brings closures, crashes, cancellations 1 hour ago