Mavis Staples’ legacy stretches far beyond the scope of soul music. She is an icon amongst American musicians and is one of the most influential singers of our time that Chicago is proud to call their own.
The Scotts have voted to stay in the UK by a wide margin. Certainly they will be welcomed back by their geographical partners, but will there be a price to pay for their failed rebellion? […]
Bono Opens Up About ‘Songs Of Innocence’ New U2 Album And The Apple Connection With XRT’s Marty Lennartz
U2 fans got a pleasant surprise on Tuesday when the band unexpectedly released a new album for free on iTunes.
Tom Marker once interviewed the Scottish band Texas and asked them what question they were asked most here in the United States. They responded: “What did you say?” It was a reference to their thick […]
In conjunction with the opening of the David Bowie Is exhibition at the Museum of Contemporary Art, Mayor Rahm Emanuel has proclaimed September 23, 2014 to be David Bowie Day In Chicago.
- Ectoplasmic Donuts WXRT–09/17/2014
- 2014 Fall Concert Preview: 10 Shows To Put On Your Radar 09/10/2014
- Rock The Block In Elmhurst With Frank E. Lee WXRT–09/04/2014
- Coming To A Stream Near You: New Netflix Fall TV & Movie Additions 09/03/2014
- Transfers of prisoners from Gitmo have all but stopped 4 hours ago
- New hack attack at Albertsons, Supervalu stores 3 hours ago
- Thai man condemned for rape, murder on train 2 hours ago
- "Fatal attraction" cancer doctor gets 10 years 2 hours ago
- George "Shotgun" Shuba, Brooklyn Dodger in famous photo, dead at 89 3 hours ago
- Baby Clinton leaves hospital 3 hours ago
- Patient to be tested for Ebola in Texas 4 hours ago
- Drug case involving arrest made by cop in Ferguson shooting put on hold 5 hours ago