Latest Concertgoers Blog
One of North America’s most popular performers is just making a name for herself here in Chicago. Serena Ryder, the 3-time Juno award winner tore the roof off S.P.A.C.E. in Evanston last night. An intimate group of XRT listeners were treated to a full (free!) concert from Ryder thanks to Kendall Jackson Wine.
He album, Harmony was released in Canada last November and is finally making a U.S. debut later this month. You’re heard her award-winning song, “Stompa” rockin’ on XRT and the groovy track already has over 700,000 views on YouTube. Sporting a Flying V Guitar, Serena told us she got the guitar specifically for the new record, and she wanted “Stompa” to have a T-Rex sound, but it ended up having a T-Rex meets Ella Fitzgerald sound instead.
Hearing Kurt Vile’s guitar paints a vivid picture of exactly how talented he is, but seeing him dance around his fretboard with ease is just mesmerizing. Kurt Vile returned to Chicago for a sold out […]
It’s warm outside. You feel a strong case of spring fever coming on, but the weekend is still out of reach. What to do? Luckily, you live in the third largest metropolitan area in the […]
We all know there there are some things that suck when it comes to living in a large population center like this one. Noisy neighbors in the apartment above you, traffic, expensive housing… Yes, these […]
Paul McCartney has spent a lot of time on the road with his current band in the past few decades. With a huge catalog of hits from his Beatles, Wings and solo eras, you’d think […]
Have you ever wondered what Homer’s Odysseus heard when he tied himself to the mast in order to hear the Siren’s otherworldly voices? Ms. James certainly supplied an answer with her enchanting voice, which is just dripping with honey and mystique. Purity Ring’s sound has been dubbed “witch house,” which comes as no surprise after attending one of their shows. Their opener “Amenamy,” she proved that she’s a breed all her own: part siren, part witch and part enchantress.
After their 45 minute set, they left the stage and the atmosphere took a turn for the dreamy. Fog machines fired up and pumped up massive clouds of smoke, the twenty cocoon-like lights began to glow and a violet light filled the stage. Soon the space took on an ethereal quality as the fog took over the whole room.
- Tom Waits Surprise Performance With The Rolling Stones [Watch] 2013/05/06
- Rolling Stones Launch ’50 & Counting’ Tour With Keith Urban And Gwen Stefani [Watch] 2013/05/04
- Depeche Mode’s ‘Soothe My Soul’ Remixed [First Listen] WXRT–2013/05/03
- Prius Route to Rock, Vol. 57: Purity Ring, Trixie Whitley, Shoes WXRT–2013/05/01
- Get an EXCLUSIVE FREE Download of @STPBand With @ChesterBe of @linkinpark as lead singer! cbsloc.al/13xHVYK #FREEDownload #outoftime 5 hours ago
- RT @_TheBuns_: Listening to @93XRT all the way to graduation today #classof2013 #onlystationiknow 5 hours ago
- It's a great day for some Beatles. Then again, isn't every day? Find this morning's playlist here: 93xrt.com/beatles #BWTB 5 hours ago
- RT @93xrt: Get an EXCLUSIVE FREE Download of @STPBand With @ChesterBe of @linkinpark as lead singer! cbsloc.al/13xHVYK #FREEDownload... 12 hours ago
- Stone Temple Pilots & Chester Bennington Make Surprise Appearance at @KROQ Weenie Roast cbsloc.al/13xHVYK #stp #FREEdownload 16 hours ago
- See Laura Marling Live from Studio XLaura Marling will perform Live from Studio X on the evening of Thursday, May 23! Register for your chance to see her perform in an intimate and unique performance. Studio X is presented by Coors […]
- Ticket Pre-Sale: Iron and Wine at The Chicago TheatreDon’t miss Iron and Wine at The Chicago Theatre or Friday, September 27th! Tickets go on sale Saturday, May 18 at 10:00 am. Enter for your chance to win a pair of tickets. You can […]
- Lookingglass Junior Board’s Annual Madhatter’s BallThe Lookingglass Junior Board invites you to join The Madhatter at his clandestine hideaway to kick off summer with the most unique fundraiser of the year. Don your fedora, cloche, bowler, trilby or boater, whisper […]