With Lolla just around the corner, it’s time to prepare for one the biggest weekends of the summer! Get your wristbands, create a schedule, find transportation, etc!
Whether you’ll be attending Lollapalooza in person or through the beautiful technology of the World Wide Web, you’ll probably looking for a place that holds the coveted extras and behind the scenes. Well look no further! Here at XRT, well be bringing you all the must-sees all weekend from backstage footage to in studio performances and everything else you can imagine. If one radio station is going to have all that you want to get the best of your Lolla weekend, it’s XRT.
Along with information about the festival and artists, XRT among other stations will be featuring stories about none other than the very concertgoers themselves! If you find that you have a great story or experience to share with the rest of the festival fans, you can tweet and send pictures with the hashtag #LollaVIP for a chance to be featured on various music sites including XRT.
What is a Lolla VIP you ask? Simple. Someone who knows the ins and outs of Lolla and knows what to do to make this weekend the best of the entire summer!
Here are some characteristics of a #LollaVIP
- Knows how to make Lolla the best possible
- Could be in the Olympics for people watching
- Knows that Buckingham Fountain is not the proper place to swim, especially since XRT has a misting tent
- Has the app on their phone and a personal schedule set up
- Is following Lolla on twitter to get updates all day long about freebies, show times, and surprises!
- Knows to be prepared for surprise weather
- Knows to hit up the merch tents early in the weekend to make sure they have your size!
- Knows how early to arrive at the stage for good seats to their favorite band
- Knows that body paint is acceptable and encouraged
- Makes friends with other festival members through bonding over music, outrageous clothing, etc
- You know owe your musical life to Perry Farrell and bow down to his genius
- You start saving up for next year’s Lolla the Monday following the current one