It’s the first day of the month that means come get me or we’re coming for you or we’re smack dab in the middle of spring here in the Northern Hemisphere. Here’s some merry tunes for the Maypole dance:
- “Mayhem” by Imelda May. The new Irish rockabilly queen.
- “Maybe Baby” by Buddy Holly. In rock and roll, maybe usually means yes.
- “Maybe” by Janis Joplin. Originally done by the Chantels, Janis makes it burn like the sun.
- “Maybe Tomorrow” by the Stereophonics. It could happen.
- “Maybe I’m Amazed” by Paul McCartney. Inspired by the amazing lovely Linda.
- “I May Not Be Your Kind” by Garland Jeffreys. Not an insurmountable problem.
- “The Fountain in the Park” by Ed Haley. Make it Buckingham and Grant and you’ve got the perfect Mayday in Chicago.