ONXRT LIVE FROM THE ARCHIVES: Pick Up Your Copy Of Volume 18 NOW! Full Details

Playlist: The Electric Light Brunch

XRT’s weekly celebration of all things Electric Light Orchestra. Today their music is more popular than ever and XRT is proud to celebrate with the Electric Light Brunch Sunday at 10am.

10 AM In order of airplay (U.S. Album title and release date in parentheses):
All selections by Electric Light Orchestra

• Tightrope (A New World Record, 1976)
  • Boy Blue (Eldorado, A Symphony, 1974)
  • Ma-Ma-Ma Belle (On the Third Day, 1973)
  • Strange Magic (Face the Music, 1975)
  • Showdown (On the Third Day, 1973)
  • Mr. Radio (No Answer, 1971)
  • Mr. Blue Sky (Out of the Blue, 1977)
  • Can’t Get It Out of My Head (Eldorado, A Symphony, 1974)
  • Roll Over Beethoven (Electric Light Orchestra II, 1973)

Lin Brehmer’s April 1 Recap

Share your review of The Electric Light Brunch. Leave a message at 312-240-7931 or a comment on Facebook.

Find Out What We Just Played

Access XRT DJ Playlists

Win Exclusive VIP Experiences

Download FREE MP3s

Listen To Full Albums

Access Additional MP3-s on MP3.com

Connect with XRT on Facebook

Comments

1. danny says:

It always puzzled me that XRT would play the music of all of the other Wilburys, but never would play any ELO. Great show, but long overdue.

2. Cliff Lewis says:

Ok, so this is probably an April fools joke but I liked it better than the Beatles. I know the Beatles are near and dear to everyones heart there at XRT but it gets kind of old. I find myself not looking forward to turn on XRT on Sunday mornings, usually end up finding something else to do.

1. TONY says:

I knew XRT was doing their APRIL FOOL’S DAY joke, HAH, HAH !!!!!

3. carey says:

Aw, I was really hoping this would be the year you guys did Breakfast With The Monkees.🙂

4. Bob Gordon says:

If this is an April fool’s joke, I’m not getting it. LOVED hearing ELO on Sunday morning. Hope this becomes a regular feature…

5. Kevin Fitzgerald says:

Cute prank, but you would have got a better reactionif you had said that you were REPLACING Breakfast with the Beatles with ELO.

6. Doody says:

Could not have been more stoked for Electric Light Brunch this morning! Ive been listening to BWB my whole life and now I get an hour of ELO afterwords? Ole! I know they’re not as controversial as the Beatles, some more info on the band would have been cool during the program. Gonna be there next Sunday for surely!

7. Ed Maczka says:

As April Fools’ pranks go it was kinda lightweight especially since I kinda gotta kick out of hearing songs I haven’t heard in 20 years or more.

8. Abby Rae says:

I really enjoyed this show. I was looking for the Beatles show; I usually tune-in on my way to work, and I was pleasantly surprised with the new show. I heard something said that it was hoped that the younger generation would listen and perhaps discover some “new” music, and being 22, I wanted to let you know I thought it was great. I look forward to listening again. Hope it continues!

9. Marty says:

I would love to be able to download a recording of Electric Light Brunch.. I love to listen to xrt but I turn it off on Sunday mornings when Breakfast with the Beatles starts so I missed the Electric Light Brunch.

10. David Zornig says:

So will Electric Light Brunch be on every Sunday at 10am? Please confirm, thanks.

11. ifred says:

I love E.L.O so I hope this is not a joke . Even if it was this is an opportunity to say maybe playing a long block of music not normally played is a great way to bring interest to any band that’s stymied by its best hits. E.L.O is such a band that has a lot of killer filler that I can make it interesting. But if a program can exist in this homegenizied (sic) safe and non-threatening hip lifestyle of the radio listener then maybe every band can have a showcase of its better tunes. E.L.O will have a time span of a month or two . I Have quite a few tunes I would like to hear from them but then E.L.O. came out with Xanadu . What’s up with that ? Go ahead and play E.L.O. but don’t play them out too quick. Eldorado is such a long suite with ‘Can’t Get it Out My Head’ in between that I don’t know if it will work in this format. Pink Floyd might but what radio station will do that? Are you the BBC? April Fool’s? Ok.

12. Peter M. Hendricksen says:

Excellent, guy’s. People who do not like ELO dont know about them, plain and simple.
    Jeff is an absolute virtuoso.