Hi. This is the playlist for the Blues Breakers show that aired on Monday, April 25. Our Artist of the Week was [lastfm]Albert King[/lastfm]. Listen next week when Chicago bluesman, guitarist, bandleader and producer Dave Specter will be our special guest DJ picking the songs and talking about them.
- SONG – ARTIST
- BRIGHT LIGHTS – [lastfm]GARY CLARK JR[/lastfm] – an album coming soon by this Austin blues player. This song is from a demo CD.
- CADILLAC ASSEMBLY LINE – [lastfm]ALBERT KING [/lastfm] -This song was written by the same Detroiter that wrote “Mustang Sally”, [lastfm]Sir Mack Rice[/lastfm]. Recorded in Hollywood in 1975.
- SUNRISE – [lastfm]TAB BENOIT [/lastfm] – This song is from Tab’s new album, Medicine, that comes out tomorrow (4/26/11) and features [lastfm]Anders Osborne[/lastfm] on second guitar. Anders also co-wrote seven of the songs on this new album including this one. Tab will be at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival this weekend.
- FIRST TIME I MET THE BLUES – [lastfm]BUDDY GUY[/lastfm] -This is [lastfm]Buddy Guy[/lastfm]‘s contribution to an album due to be released in early June, Chicago Blues: A Living History, The(R )evolution Continues. This record features present day Chicago blues artists such as [lastfm]Billy Boy Arnold[/lastfm], [lastfm]John Primer[/lastfm], [lastfm]Billy Branch[/lastfm], [lastfm]Lurrie Bell[/lastfm] and [lastfm]Carlos Johnson[/lastfm] performing classic Chicago blues songs. This is an amazing new album that you’ll be hearing a lot from on this program.
- BORN UNDER A BAD SIGN- [lastfm]ALBERT KING [/lastfm] -Recorded in Memphis in 1967 at Stax Records with [lastfm]Booker T. Jones[/lastfm] on piano, [lastfm]Steve Cropper[/lastfm] on guitar, [lastfm]Donald “Duck” Dunn[/lastfm] on bass and [lastfm]the Memphis Horns[/lastfm].
- PEP TALK – [lastfm]ALBERT KING [/lastfm] – Albert King gives [lastfm]Stevie Ray Vaughan[/lastfm] a pep talk. From the In Session CD.
- THE DOG MEETS THE WOLF – [lastfm]ALBERT KING[/lastfm] – From the new CD, In Session, with [lastfm]Stevie Ray Vaughan[/lastfm] and [lastfm]Albert King[/lastfm] live in a recording studio. This was recorded in 1983, the year Stevie released his first album, Texas Flood. It was released in 1999 then recently re-released with an accompanying DVD recording of the session.
- AS THE YEARS GO PASSING BY – [lastfm]ALBERT KING [/lastfm] -This was recorded at the same time as “Born Under a Bad Sign.”
- ROADSIDE ATTRACTIONS – [lastfm]MARCIA BALL[/lastfm] -This is from a brand new album by Marcia, Roadside Attractions, released just last month. Marcia will be a few dates in New Orleans as the Jazz and Heritage Festival begins this Friday.
- LOVE AND HAPPINESS – [lastfm]ETTA JAMES[/lastfm] – Etta recorded this song for her 1992 album, The Right Time.