We’re still weeks away from the big day on April 16, but we already have confirmation about a bunch of special edition Record Store Day releases. Many more releases are still to be announced, so check back for more updates.
- [lastfm]The Clash[/lastfm] – The Magnificent Seven: 7″ heavyweight red vinyl reissue, plus bonus 4-track CD.
- [lastfm]Deftones[/lastfm] – Covers: Classic Deftones’ cover tracks, pressed together on limited edition vinyl for the first time ever. [5,000 copies]
- [lastfm]Derek & The Dominos[/lastfm] – “Got to Get Better in a Little While” b/w “Layla”: 7 inch single featuring previously unreleased track backed by the classic “Layla”.
- [lastfm]The Flaming Lips[/lastfm] – Heady Nugs: First 5 Warner Bros. Records 1992-2002: Special RSD edition black vinyl version. [5,000 copies]
- [lastfm]Franz Ferdinand[/lastfm] – Covers EP: A 12″ EP featuring cover versions of songs from Franz Ferdinand’ Tonight album performed by Debbie Harry, LCD Soundsystem, Peaches, ESG, and Stephin Merrit (of Magnetic Fields).
- [lastfm]Green Day[/lastfm] – “Don’t Want To Know If You Are Lonely”: Split ; original plus Green Day’s cover.
- [lastfm]The Kills[/lastfm] – “Satellite”: Special dub 10″ features mixes by Mad Professor.
- [lastfm]Mastodon[/lastfm]/[lastfm]ZZ Top[/lastfm] – “Just Got Paid”: Split 7″ featuring ZZ original plus Mastodon’s cover.
- [lastfm]Queen[/lastfm] – Stormtroopers In Stilettos: Limited edition 7″ features two previously unreleased versions of tracks recorded in the early 70-s, “Keep Yourself Alive (Long Lost Retake)” (from Queen) and “Stone Cold Crazy” (2011 Remaster) (from Sheer Heart Attack). [2,000 copies]
- [lastfm]R.E.M.[/lastfm] – Three: 3 x 7″ box set featuring three live singles.
- [lastfm]Red Hot Chili Peppers[/lastfm]/[lastfm]The Ramones[/lastfm] – “Havana Affair”: Split 7″ featuring Ramones original plus Chili Peppers’ cover.
- [lastfm]Panda Bear[/lastfm] – Tomboy: Limited edition of new album on clear vinyl, featuring exclusive t shirt. [1,000 copies]
- [lastfm]Phish[/lastfm] – Two Soundchecks: The band’s first ever live vinyl release and their first release in conjunction with Record Store Day. The A-Side is an instrumental jam culled from the soundcheck of Phish’s third show of a sold out three-night stand at the Greek Theatre in Berkeley, CA. The B-Side is an especially exotic soundcheck from Hartford, CT in 2009, featuring Trey on Bass, and Fish on drums. [2,000 copies]
- [lastfm]The Rolling Stones[/lastfm] – “Brown Sugar”: 7 inch single vinyl replica of the original EP. B/w b-sides “Bitch” and “Let It Rock”.
- [lastfm]Syd Barrett[/lastfm]: An Introduction to Syd Barrett: 180 gram double LP features tracks that Barrett recorded while he was with Pink Floyd as well as solo recordings.
- [lastfm]Yeasayer[/lastfm] – End Blood: 7″ single featuring two previously unreleased tracks.