2010 Listener Poll Results

We’ve revealed the results of your favorites of 2010 during our Listener Poll Gala LIVE from Craftsman Experience!

Broken down by category, see which artists, albums, concerts, movies, and TV shows placed at the top of your lists.

Best Albums

9: Charter One Pavilion at Northerly Island
10: Buddy Guy’s Legends

Download FREE Music

Connect With XRT On Facebook & Twitter

Comments

1. t says:

Passion Pit’s Manners wasn’t even a 2010 album.

2. Joe says:

Them Crooked Vultures at the Aargon in May not on the list…Looks like the XRT listeners are getting old and soft

3. patti says:

What no Giving Tree Band?!?!?!?

Still love you XRT!!

4. larry says:

Does this mean The Vic is no longer the Top Venue??

1. Jay says:

Given that the Chicago Theater is listed as #1 and The Vic is listed #2 I’d say you have impeccable insight.

5. boo says:

Where’s the Temper Trap???

6. Stew says:

Way too many things on this list didn’t happen in 2010… Manners, 1901, Lisztomania, Ain’t No Rest for the Wicked, Home, and Use Somebody (which was released in 2008!). Tough for a best of 2010 list to be relevant with this many errors.

Joe – The TCV show was awesome! I think my favorite show of the year was probably Cut Copy late night after Lolla August 6th. Just when I thought I couldn’t handle any more music, they came on and owned it.

1. Joe says:

Stew,
      I was nearly deaf for a day and a half after theTCV show. Not familiar with Cut Copy, but I’ll check them out.
      And actually the first time TCV performed live was in Chicago during one of those late 2009 lolla shows at the metro.

7. Muntz says:

Weren’t 1901 and Use Somebody songs 2009 songs? When I hear those songs, I definitely don’t think of 2010.

8. Dan says:

LCD’s “This Is Happening” should be #1 album of 2010 in my opinion.

9. ingy says:

No King’s Speech… woof.

10. Bob Bykowski says:

A double thumbs-up for ‘The Suburbs’ being the number one album of the year. It was easily the year’s most compelling and realized work. Just wish there were more opportunities to catch Arcade Fire live !

11. Paul Cronin says:

its hard to think that the listeners pick such low grade music – best albums – best songs really – might as well go country ya’ll – me think’s the highest paid sponser picked em – snore

12. Melissa says:

I love Temper Trap too but officially it was 2009 for their Album. They could have been on there though for their concert last year at Metro; Awesome show!

13. Jeff says:

The best single of the year was easily CeeLo Green’s F You. I hoped for enough write in votes to force XRT to play it like was the case several years back with Hey Ya by OutKast. These results are far too safe and uninteresting. It just looks like the daily on air playlist from December. Also agree with others on the songs that were were not released in 2010. Where do I vote for Hey Jude?

14. Dan Fidanze says:

It’s unfortunate that XRT listeners have become so narrrow minded. Unfortunately the nature of polls such as these are that the LCD will produce the most votes. It’s a shame that more XRT listeners have not been to the very BEST venue in town for see a show- The Old Town School of Folk Music. Absolutely impeccable sound, every seat is a great seat, and a civilized vibe that is unmatched in this city. Pity. The Vic? Gimme a break. While it’s got a certain charm, it really doesn’t belong in this discussion.

15. Robert J. Pechacek says:

I was at RiotFist2011. Im 55 years old and took my 18 year old youngest son. Corporate Rock Still Sucks. IWW Member

16. Rock and Roll Giraffe says:

Cool lists! Many of my favorites are on here too. However, in my opinion, the best album of the year was “Good to Be” by Backyard Tire Fire, and the best concert was Gorillaz at UIC Pavilion. Kinda strange how none of the Best Concerts listed here happened at any of the first 8 of the Best Venues. I’m guessing this is because most of the Best Concerts are at huge venues, i.e. more people = more votes. May I suggest next year there be separate categories for “Best Concerts at Large Venues,” and “Best Concerts at Medium/Small Venues.” That gives the smaller concerts more of a fighting chance. And Lincoln Hall is quickly becoming my favorite small venue – great location, staff, sight-lines, atmosphere, food and bands!!

17. j.sebastian says:

GIVING TREE BAND!!! Gotta say next to Mumford that The Joke, The Threat & The Obvious was one of my 2010 favorites!!! Looking forward to their february shows! Who’s with me???

1. patti says:

I am!!!! Rock and Roll with the GTB!!!

18. Babypanther says:

Hey Paul – No one’s forcing you to listen to XRT. It’s still the best station in the country.

19. Darren Young says:

Not bad results… the only objections I would have is on the songs list – “Angel Dance” – Robert Plant and “Meet Me On the Equinox” – Death Cab… = TERRIBLE. “Boo-ooo” to all who voted for these!

20. Debbi says:

Glee??? Really???? How Old are we?