ONXRT LIVE FROM THE ARCHIVES: Pick Up Your Copy Of Volume 18 NOW! Full Details

Best Albums Since 1985…Sez Who?

165 Best Albums Since 1985...Sez Who?This is the time of year where we can’t get enough lists and polls. They are habit forming. I’m looking forward to the results of the 2010 XRT Listener Poll. Stay tuned for details. You folks always come up with classy picks. Q magazine in the UK asked their readers to pick the best albums of the past 25 years…since 1985. Some interesting choices in the top ten, but the good old USA is a bit under represented. Oh well.

You know I’d love to hear what you think are the best albums of the past 25 years. After all, this is not a spectator sport.
image0022 Best Albums Since 1985...Sez Who?

Let’s countdown the Q magazine list from number 10.

#10 [lastfm]Muse[/lastfm]: Black Holes and Revelations

#9 was [lastfm]U2[/lastfm]: Actung Baby

#8 was [lastfm]Radiohead[/lastfm]: The Bends

163 Best Albums Since 1985...Sez Who?

#7 – [lastfm]The Stone Roses[/lastfm]: The Stone Roses

164 Best Albums Since 1985...Sez Who?

#6 – [lastfm]U2[/lastfm]: The Joshua Tree

#5 – [lastfm]Arctic Monkeys[/lastfm]: Whatever People Say I Am

#4 – [lastfm]Oasis[/lastfm]: Definitely Maybe

#3 – [lastfm]Oasis[/lastfm]: (What’s The Story) Morning Glory?

#2 – [lastfm]Nirvana[/lastfm]: Nevermind

And….(drum roll, please)… #1 – [lastfm]Radiohead[/lastfm]: OK Computer
thom Best Albums Since 1985...Sez Who?

I’d love to hear what you think are the best albums of the past 25 years. Share your top albums below in the comments section.

Read More From Terri Hemmert

Best Of 2010

Video: Radiohead’s 2010 Haiti Benefit Concert (Download)

Albums From Mumford And Sons, Pink Floyd, Radiohead & More For Only $5 Each

They Did It!!! Thom Yorke’s King Kanute Art Project With 350.org

Radiohead Almost Done With New Album, Big Tour To Follow

Free Download: Radiohead Live DVD

Remix Radiohead Drummer’s “Beyond Reason”

Members Of Pink Floyd, The Police, Radiohead And Coldplay Team Up For Charity

New Material In The Works From Radiohead

Free Mp3 Download: “Nude (Holy F**k Remix)”

Comments

1. Kitty says:

I don’t agree with radiohead but I also do not agree with the rolling stones being up there either!!! More like U2. The stones haven’t been good since the miss you album.

1. Mike says:

It’sThe Stone Roses, not The Rolling Stones, and they fully deserve to be there.

2. Darren Young says:

Muse… Arctic Monkeys…. Oasis 2 Xs??! These are some of the best albums since 1985?? BOLLOCKS!!

1. Darren Young says:

Where’s the Replacements? Where’s Elvis Costello? Where’s R.E.M.? Where’s Arcade Fire?! Where’s a LOT of people!?

3. Steve Andricks says:

There are many glaring omissions but it’s all subjective,isn’t it? I mean The Cure’s ‘Disintegration’ isn’t here. Nor is Depeche Mode’s ‘Violator’. Or how about Sublime or Nine Inch Nails? Or any of the hundreds of deserving artists that actually made good music and didn’t just pander to the masses. Because remember, “the masses are asses!”

4. Well I’ve only been alive for 16 years… everyone’s going to call me stupid and say I have no music taste if I put anything down.

1. Terri Hemmert says:

Holly, they have to get past me first. You are SO entitled to your opinion! I’m a whole lot older than you and I get called “stupid” everyday. Don’t ever let that scare you away from anything. Don’t let anyone talk you out of your dreams or opinions. Words of wisdom from your dj. Now…what are your favorites? I’d love to know.

1. Ok… I’ll shorten it down to: all albums by My Chemical Romance. There’s my top 4. Those that follow are similar.

5. A.C. Parrilli says:

I vote for Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – The Boatman’s Call

6. Melissa says:

They got at least two U2 listed in there, so I’m happy!