[photogallerylink id=41285 align=left]The namesake of Christmas didn’t often talk of judgement but when he did, he made it clear that the way to avoid it was to help others. He was very specific in the apocalyptic story of the sheep and the goats where he said one of the most important charitable acts was to give clothes to people who were naked. You have a great opportunity to do just that tomorrow night at House of Blues with an XRT Holiday Concert for the Kids
. Snug Hugs for Kids, courtesy of our sponsor Merlin’s 200,000 shops, ask you to bring new or like warm winter clothing for area children. Drop them off with an XRT elf in the lobby and then bask in the warm glow of giving while [lastfm]Indigo Girls[/lastfm], [lastfm]Shawn Mullins[/lastfm] and [lastfm]Chely Wright[/lastfm] play a concert of seasonal favorites. Here’s some gay (like in don we now) apparel classics to get you started:
- “Sharp Dressed Man” by [lastfm]ZZ Top[/lastfm]. Better beards than Santa!
- “Bell Bottom Blues” by [lastfm]Derek and the Dominos[/lastfm]. From when they were in style the first time.
- “Devil With A Blue Dress” by [lastfm]Mitch Ryder[/lastfm] and the Detroit Wheels. Don’t give her the last dance!
- “Coat of Many Colors” by [lastfm]Dolly Parton[/lastfm]. Mom stitched it with love.
- “Blue Jean” by [lastfm]David Bowie[/lastfm]. The thin white duke was made for Levis.
Do you have any songs you’d like to add to the list?
Read More From Frank E. Lee
Indigo Girls Celebrate the Holidays
Deck The Halls With Amy & Emily
Video: Indigo Girls Live from Studio X