What Are The Top Songs That Make Men Cry?
[pullquote quote="A well-written tear-jerker is one that people can relate to and empathize with." credit="Rich Ellis -- PRS for Music Chairman "]If you’re in need of a good, tear-jerking song and also happen to be part of the male half of the population, just take a look at a UK survey about “Songs That Make Men Cry Most” for some suggestions. Topping the list is [lastfm]R.E.M.[/lastfm]’s “Everybody Hurts,” written by former R.E.M. drummer Bill Berry. The 1992 ballad was ranked highest by Performing Right Society (PRS) for Music and is among songs by [lastfm]Sinead O’Connor[/lastfm] and [lastfm]U2[/lastfm].
Now, go ahead: tell us which song brings tears to your eyes…
[photogallerylink id=10303 align=left]PRS for Music chairman Rich Ellis says that “A well-written tear-jerker is one that people can relate to and empathize with… this lyrical connection that can reach deep down emotionally and move even the strongest of men.”
The song became the quickest-selling charity song this year when “Everybody Hurts” was redone this year to benefit victims of the earthquake in Haiti: it was produced by Simon Cowell and you can hear vocals by artists such as [lastfm]Bon Jovi[/lastfm], [lastfm]Mariah Carey[/lastfm], [lastfm]Leona Lewis[/lastfm], and [lastfm]Michael Bublé[/lastfm].
Number two on the list is [lastfm]Eric Clapton[/lastfm]’s “Tears in Heaven” which he wrote for his son, Conor, who died in 1991.
Here’s the full list:
1. “Everybody Hurts” — [lastfm]R.E.M[/lastfm]
2. “Tears in Heaven” — [lastfm]Eric Clapton[/lastfm]
3. “Hallelujah” — [lastfm]Leonard Cohen[/lastfm]
4. “Nothing Compares 2 U” — [lastfm]Sinead O’Connor[/lastfm]
5. “With or Without You” — [lastfm]U2[/lastfm]
6. “The Drugs Don’t Work” — [lastfm]The Verve[/lastfm]
7. “Candle in the Wind” — [lastfm]Elton John[/lastfm]
8. “Streets of Philadelphia” — [lastfm]Bruce Springsteen[/lastfm]
9. “Unchained Melody” — [lastfm]Todd Duncan[/lastfm]
10. “Angels” — [lastfm]Robbie Williams[/lastfm]
Which song brings tears to your eyes?